Powiat leżajski

A A A
Print Site map
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Tourist routes

Translands  trail.

The tourist, historic, cultural car trail of the former Łańcut Entail (Ordynacja Łańcucka) was set up as a part of  ‘’ Translands ‘’ project carried out by Rzeszów Regional Development Agency  together with Italian partners of Piacenza  region , Municipal Council of Fiorenzuola d ‘ Arda  , KRTKO Association of  Bańska Bystrzyca in Slovakia, Hungarian Agrarcentrum Association  and  Sofia region governor’s office in Bulgaria .The project covered setting up ‘’ Tourist  Translands trail ‘’ , pursuant to the places located in Leżajsk and Łańcut counties ( towns of Leżajsk and Łańcut ) and districts: Łańcut, Białobrzegi, Czarna, Rakszawa, Żołynia, Leżajsk.
As a part of the above mentioned trail the Remembrance Translands House  has been established in Leżajsk County Museum .It presents cultural urban and rural achievements of the sub - region The length of trial is about 121,5 km , travelling by car about 2,5 h and the full time of visiting 14 h. The trail will be accessible to both: motorized and bicycle tourists.
 
The trail ‘ s route :

1.  Handzlówka  -  There is a water intake preserved , used for the needs of  Łańcut residency and observation point  to overview panorama of Pogórze Dynowskie .
2. Albigowa  -   Place of centuries - old fruit farming traditions with historic buildings Łańcut Entail : land steward house , granary , stable , gate – remains of  the old Potockis  manor , transformed in 1927 into a horse stud of Łańcut Entail ( located in western part of the village ),

  • Potockis forester’s lodge with  antique alleys of old trees leading to it. Near the lodge there are ponds and water intakes .
  • Entail’s mill complex including the mill and mill operator’s house from 1927.

3 . Kraczkowa -  St Nicholas’ Church from 1911 – 13 , remains of Potockis manor ; natural features of historic importance : oaks about 350 yrs old , a lime about  180 yrs old
4. Krzemienica - In the village, two Potockis manors existed (now rebuilted and transformed). Worth seeing is a St Jacob’s the Older Church from 1492 ( renovated many times ) , church’ s fence from 1827 and a belfry from 1750 .
5. Czarna  -   In the place , Potockis forester’s lodge preserved from 1834 . There is a bicycle  route dedicated  pottery traditions of the district .
6. Medynia Głogowska  -  Pottery centre from 19 th  and 20 th c ; there are wooden village  buildings ( beginning of 20 th c ) , parish church with the altar with ceramic       elements , pottery homestead , Władysława Prucnal’s  collection of cerami sculpture.
7. Rakszawa -  Well – known centre of rural weaving.
8. Brzóza Stadnicka -  Place known of wooden toy making . The tradition of toy makin  survived there until now .In the village a classical granary preserved  (the Łańcut Castle Museum  warehouse nowadays ) .
9. Wydrze – Julin -  There is a very interesting palace – park building complex preserwed with Poyockis wooden hunting Loge in Suis- Tirol style from 1872-189o. It includes : director’s house ( so – called  ‘’ dyrektorówka ‘’), kitchen pavilion, ice house , park with ancient forest and remains of late ‘’ Brzóza ‘’ manor (stables , dwelling house ,chapel). Now the stables are private property  where horse breeding and riding school are located .
10. Brzóza Królewska -  Village probably of 16 th c origins , known because of cultivation  local ( ‘’ lasowieckie ‘’ ) rural traditions . In the forests surrounding the village there are picturesquely forester’s lodges situated , before  in Potockis ownership.
11. Leżajsk -  Town  with many historic and artistic monuments with unique complex of Basillica and Monastery of Bernardines Fathers and Jewish culture relics .
12. Przychojec  - Wooden of historic value dwelling buildings and country homestead  with regional collection of Czesława Zawadzka .
13. Wierzawice -  Preserved manorial buildings : clerk’s house ( 1840 ) ,granary from 18 th c, sheepfold ( 1838 ) , barn , living quarters of farm workers ( czworaki )  and  ice house .
14. Żołynia -  There is a water mill from 1880 preserved , built by Łańcut Ęntail owners.
15. Dąbrówki -  A complex  of old Entail’s Forestry Headquarters from the turn of 19 th and  20 th c.
16 . Wola Dalsza -  Remains of old manor with interesting granary ( called ‘’ gołębnik ‘’ ), around middle 19 c .
17. Łańcut -  Town with residential , administrative and industrial  objects belonging  to the Entail .  Apart from the castle and surrounding it : park ,stable ,coach  house , manege - the most important buildings of historic value are: House of Garden Board , House of Entail ‘s Board , Clerk ‘s Casino, Administration House of Liquers and Rossolises Factory , House and Office of the Administrator , Office of Łańcut estate , power plant , granary , buildings of old sugar factory , brewery and the others .
18. Sonina - St. John’s the Baptist  Church ( half 17 th c ) , Długosz family chapel (19 th c), remains of peasants fortress (17 th c) .
19. Wysoka -  St. Margaret ‘s Church ( 1911 – 1913 ), wooden houses and chapels ( half 19 thc)                     

Translation :  Roman  Federkiewicz  , MZL

 

Over Elimelech’s grave an ohel

Over Elimelech’s grave an ohel (In Hebrew: a tent) was built; an ohel is a small construction erected on Jewish cemeteries over the graves of distinguished personalities. The Chassidim believe that on the anniversary of the death of a tzadik (yortzait), his soul comes back to Earth and may listen to requests of the living in order to take them before Supreme God. Among the Chassidim, the yortzaits of charismatic spiritual leaders assume the proportions of feast. Chassidim go on pilgrim-ages to the graves of their tzadikkim, they joyfully celebrate the anniversary of joining of the dead’s soul with the spiritual world, they prey for intercession, light candles and fires. There is also a tradition of writing requests to the tzadik on small pieces of paper (in Yiddish: kvitlech) and putting them at a grave.

Until World War II, thousands oh Chassidim visited Leżajsk on Elimelech’s death anniversary, falling on the 21st day of the month Adar. They believed that on that very day, all the problems were solvable: marriages used to be miraculously contracted, friends not seen for a long time used to meet, and religious disputes used to end happily.

Crowds of the Chassidim coming each year to the grave of their spiritual leader in Leżajsk became in a short time an important source of income for many inhabitants of the town, Jews as well as Poles. Lodging places and eating-houses used to be created especially fot the Chassidim visiting Leżajsk. The Jewish community of Leżajsk was officially involved in pilgrimage service as well, and it was thanks to the kehilla and its funds that an inn was built. The community tried to control beggars, crowds of which used to arrive with pilgrims. Before the 21st of Adar, the communal officials collected alms among the Jewish residents so as not to provoke irritations and make the tramps less impudent. In exchange fot the alms, beggars were meant to pray at the grave of the tzadik for the happiness of their patrons.

It is worth noticing that not only Jews but also Christians believed in Elimelech’s miracles, thanks to which the grave of the Tzadik was surrounded by common respect. There is significant story saying that after some vandals had profaned the ohel of the Tzadik during the interwar period, some of them became ill, which was considered by both Jews and Poles as an act made by the Tzadik’s spirit, signifying that this grave should be looked after by everybody.

During World War II, in 1940, Germans devastated and profaned the Jewish cemetery in Leżajsk, paying special attention to the ohel of Elimelech, which they penetrated in search of treasures hidden in it. According to a legend, told by Christians too, in the moment of the grave’s disclosing, the Tzadik opened his eyes and looked sadly at the vandals, which made Germans stop plundering the cemetery. Jews, who still remained in the town, buried again the remains of Elimelech a few days later.

After a war, the cemetery was cleaned up and the ohel was rebuilt. Today, the town is again the destination of thousands of Chassidic pilgrims from the entire world, who come each year to Leżajsk to commemorate their leader and pray to his soul intercession.
 

 
 

 
 

Search engine

 
 

Contact Us

Starostwo Powiatowe w Leżajsku
8  Kopernika St.
37-300 Leżajsk
phone number +48 17 240 45 00
fax +48 17 240 45 09
e-mail:

 

full contact details

 
 
 
 

sonda

 
 
Visit counter: 3 187 969
 
Ideo realizacja:
CMS Edito Powered by:
Starostwo Powiatowe w Leżajsku
ul. Kopernika 8
37-300 Leżajsk
tel: 017 2404 500
fax: 017 2404 509
e-mail: