Powiat leżajski

A A A
Print Site map
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Bell tower

Bell tower

Bell tower (watch, defense) from 1616 – located in Rynek 1 Street. It was built by Feliks Skaryszewski, and constituted as one of the elements of defence walls within parish church complex. Throughout centuries Leżajsk had been the place where different merchant routes crossed. Unfortunately the region was seriously affected by wars and Tartar, Cossack and Swede loot expeditions. Then, the tower served a military function. It is six tier brick object on a square projection with well preserved embrasures. The tower was damaged with the result of town fire in 1811 when the roof and wooden gallery went wrack and ruin. It was, however, rebuilt later.

 
 

 
 

Search engine

 
 

Contact Us

Starostwo Powiatowe w Leżajsku
8  Kopernika St.
37-300 Leżajsk
phone number +48 17 240 45 00
fax +48 17 240 45 09
e-mail:

 

full contact details

 
 
 
 

sonda

 
 
Visit counter: 3 543 811
 
Ideo realizacja:
CMS Edito Powered by:
Starostwo Powiatowe w Leżajsku
ul. Kopernika 8
37-300 Leżajsk
tel: 017 2404 500
fax: 017 2404 509
e-mail: