Powiat leżajski

Print Site map

Parish Church Complex in Leżajsk

Parish Church Complex in Leżajsk

Parish Church Complex in Leżajsk from the beginning of XVII century, located in Rynek 35 Street - (church, presbytery, vicarage, walls). In 1400 the king of Poland Władysław Jagiełło established the Leżajsk parish. The priests of the order of Miechowice Templars took care of Leżajsk parish for more than four centuries. In 1616 the building work of Parish Church of the Holy Trinity and All Saints was done. The Parish Church Complex besides religious function was an important element of the town’s fortification system due to its defences.  The presbytery is located near the church and was built in 1614, rebuilt in 1925. There is an underground tunnel and cellarage under the building, but unavailable for tourists. According to some legends one of the tunnels led to the undergrounds of the church and manor house and the other outside the town. Well preserved defensive walls from the northern, eastern and western side date back to 1616, whilst the southern side fence was built at the beginning of twentieth century.



Search engine


Contact Us

Starostwo Powiatowe w Leżajsku
8  Kopernika St.
37-300 Leżajsk
phone number +48 17 240 45 00
fax +48 17 240 45 09


full contact details



Visit counter: 3 466 432
Ideo realizacja:
CMS Edito Powered by:
Starostwo Powiatowe w Leżajsku
ul. Kopernika 8
37-300 Leżajsk
tel: 017 2404 500
fax: 017 2404 509